Male and Female students Of the prestigious Ladoke Akintola University of Technology are henceforth not allowed to wear the following;
* All tight fitting clothes including skirts, trousers and blouses.
*All clothes which reveal sensitive parts of the body such as bust, chest,belly, upper arms and the buttocks.
*Outfits such as knickers and mini-skirts and dresses which are not, at least knee-lenght.
* Outfits such as , T-shirts , and jeans, black T-shirt, special arm-bounds, caps by males, special scarfs and tattooed jeans by females which carry obscene nd erotic messages.
* Trousers such as , hip-riders and low waist-jeans.
* Inappropriate outfits, such as party-wear nd bathroom slippers should not be worn to lectures.
* Traditional dresses that contravene the general dress code.
IN ADDITION TO THE ABOVE,
(a) Students should dress in a way that will not hide their identity, however, students who dress according to their religious dictates should be allowed to exercise their fundamental human rights. Such students should submit themselves for identification in examination halls,laboratories and libraries when the need arises.
(b) Students may be allowed to put on religious/ denominational dress, but it should conform to the acceptable principles of dress code already discussed.
(c) Sports and games wears for athletes, sportsmen and women should be officially prescribed for this category of students to be worn in sports and games areas ONLY.
(d) The wearing of earings and plaiting of hair by male students is banned, henceforth. The statement added that Lecturers and Administrative staff have been empowered to correct/ exclude students from lectures , Library, examination halls and other official business whenever they are not properly dressed. Sulaiman Kazeem - President, Students' Union.
This Message is directy from the SENATE, Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, The students are currently rounding off a session and writing Exams, the following rules are to take Effect basically as from next session.
Please share this post on facebook and twitter to all your friends, share the link to the post as well.