Follow @Sisi_Dammie

Saturday 3 November 2012

Talk Of The Day - 3yr-old pupil found dead in toilet; teacher, nannies arrested

A three-year old girl identified as Imiefan Omokaro was on Thursday afternoon found dead in the toilet of her school, known as Kingdom Heritage Model School along Sapele road in Benin City.

She was said to have fallen into a bucket half filled with water.
A source said a teacher who found the little girl at the toilet raised alarm and the girl was taken to the Winners Chapel Church, owners of the school, where pastors engaged in marathon prayers to revive the girl.

It was learnt that when the mother of the child came to the school to pick her daughter, the teacher said they were looking for the child.
The source said it was after two hours that the child was taken to a hospital where a nurse on duty confirmed her dead.

Father of the girl who gave his name as Omokaro Jolly said he dropped his daughter at school hale and healthy and was surprised that the school authorities could not tell him what happened to his daughter.

He said his wife called him at about 3:45 to inform him that their daughter was missing and when he got to the school, he was asked to go to the hospital where he saw his child stone dead.

.According to him, "When I dropped my daughter in school, she said I should come and pick her up so that I can buy her chocolate but I can't see my daughter now."

The matter was reported at the Etete Police Station and it was learnt that the class teacher and two nannies have been arrested.
"I can't bring a baby to school  and they expect me to collect a lifeless baby. It is their responsibility to tell me what happened to my baby".

The wife, Mrs. Osarogue who was in tears said, "I went to the school and asked where is my love. Nobody answered me. I asked the aunty, she told that my daughter went to the toilet."

The matter was reported at the Etete Police Station and it was learnt that the class teacher and two nannies have been arrested.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be sociable. Comment here.

What you missed