Follow @Sisi_Dammie

Monday 12 November 2012

TWILIGHT - BREAKING DAWN PT 2 STARS NIGERIAN BRITISH ACTRESS JUDI SHEKONI

Judi Shekoni is currently best-known as one of the stars of the UK's hit television show Eastenders, but after November 16, she may forever be associated with the worldwide phenomenon of Twilight.


The 30 year old Nigerian British born actress, model and TV presenter will portray Zafrina, one of the oldest vampires in the world, who teaches lead character Bella how to fight in the upcoming Twilight Saga - Breaking Dawn - Part II, which will hit cinemas November 16th.


The beautiful english actress says she shares surprising things in common with South American vampire Zafrina, whom she plays in the upcoming series finale Breaking Dawn – Part 2.

"She's very feral, and I do feel sometimes like I have an animalistic quality," Shekoni tells Celebuzz exclusively. "And I do really like vampires and their dark side, and I think I do have a part of that in myself as well."


She further explains that she not only feels that she and Zafrina share similar values, but the character provides an exemplary role model for the values and qualities she aspires to maintain.

"I think as you'll see in the movie, she has a real love for family, for protecting the people she cares about, and I think I definitely identified with that as well," Shekoni says. "She's ready to fight, and just be a strong woman, and I really hope that's something that I am."

Meanwhile, her character has unique supernatural abilities – in particular, to create visual projections that make others around her see what she chooses. Shekoni says that the process of relating to such an unusual talent required her to tap into some of the essential processes she uses as an actress.
"I think a lot of acting is about energy rather than necessarily doing anything," she reveals. "So I decided it was a transmission of energy and even of breath – kind of pushing it forward. And then when I finished with it, it was like a release. "

The Twlight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2 opens in theaters nationwide November 16.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be sociable. Comment here.

What you missed